1a) Acceptance of Terms:
Provincial Tel reserves the right to change, modify, update prices (Price Plans, Features, Special Numbers, etc.) add or remove portions of the Terms of Service at any time without direct notification to subscribers. The Customer must check these Terms of Service for changes. The Customer’s continued use of this website and of the Provincial Tel service following the posting of changes to the Terms of Service will be considered an acceptance of those changes.
Service is offered on a monthly basis from the beginning to the end of the month. Fees are pro-rated based on the specific signup date during that month. Subsequent terms of this Agreement will be renewed automatically on a monthly basis without further action by the Customer unless the Customer provides Provincial Tel with written notice of non-renewal at least  days before the end of the monthly term in which the notice is given. Since the Customer is purchasing Provincial Tel’s services for full monthly terms, if the Customer attempts to terminate Service prior to the end of a monthly term, he or she will be responsible for the full month’s charges to the end of the then-current term. This will include unbilled charges, plus a Disconnection fee, all of which become due and payable immediately once the Customer provides notice.
1c) Commercial Use of Service and Device:
Provincial Tel services and devices are provided for use by the Customer. The Customer cannot resell or transfer Provincial Tel’s services or devices to any other person for any purpose, without the express and written permission of Provincial Tel in advance.
1d) Lawful Use of Provincial Tel’s Services and Devices:
The Customer agrees to use Provincial Tel’s services and devices solely for lawful purposes. Provincial Tel’s services cannot be used for transmitting or receiving any illegal, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, obscene, sexually explicit, profane, racially or ethnically disparaging remarks or otherwise objectionable material of any kind. This includes, but is not limited to, any material that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to a civil liability, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, provincial, national or international law. Provincial Tel reserves the right to terminate service immediately and without advance notice if the Customer violates the above restrictions. In those cases the Customer will be responsible for the full month’s charges to the end of the current monthly term, including unbilled charges, plus a Disconnection fee, all of which become due and payable immediately once Provincial Tel’s service is terminated.
1e) Unauthorized Usage of Provincial Tel’s Devices, Firmware or Software:
The Customer acknowledges that he or she is not given by the present agreement any license to use the firmware or software embedded in the device for any other purpose than that described in the present agreement as authorized by Provincial Tel; and that the devices provided are exclusively for use in connection with Provincial Tel’s services. If the Customer decides to use Provincial Tel’s services through an interface device not provided by Provincial Tel, Provincial Tel reserves the right to prohibit or disconnect service as deemed necessary.
1f) Tampering with Provincial Tel’s Devices:
The Customer agrees not to change the electronic serial number or equipment identifier of any Provincial Tel devices – or to perform a factory reset of the devices – without express prior written permission from Provincial Tel. Provincial Tel reserves the right to terminate service should the Customer tamper with any of the devices, leaving the Customer responsible for the full month’s charges to the end of the current term, including unbilled charges, plus a Disconnection fee, all of which immediately become due and payable immediately.
1g) Theft of Service:
The Customer agrees to notify Provincial Tel immediately, in writing or by calling the Provincial Tel customer support line, if any Provincial Tel device is stolen or if the Customer becomes aware that his or her service is being stolen or used fraudulently. When contacting Provincial Tel, the Customer must provide the account number and a detailed description of the circumstances of the said Provincial Tel device theft or stolen or fraudulent use of Provincial Tel services. Failure to do so in a timely manner may result in the termination of the Customer’s service and additional charges to you. Please note that it is the Customer’s responsibility to secure any credentials provided to them by Provincial Tel.
1h) Return of Provincial Tel Devices:
Provincial Tel devices may be returned to Provincial Tel within thirty (30) days of the line activation provided that:
- the Customer has retained proof of purchase and original packaging;
- Provincial Tel items returned are undamaged and in original condition;
- all documentation and packaging materials are returned in good order.
If a Customer receives Provincial Tel cartons and/or devices that are visibly damaged, please note the damage on the carrier’s freight bill or receipt and keep a copy. Keep the original carton, all packing materials and parts intact and contact Provincial Tel’s customer support department immediately. Warranty coverage varies depending on the type of chosen device. Please refer to the Provincial Tel warranty materials included in the packaging of the Provincial Tel device(s). After this thirty (30) day prescribed time limit, all disbursements for purchase of Provincial Tel devices by the Customer will be non-refundable at time of termination of Provincial Tel services by the Customer and/or Provincial Tel. The Customer acknowledges that, under no circumstance, should there be any refund for the shipping charges nor the utilization fees based on a pro-rated period. All of these become due and payable immediately when the said devices are returned. Customers renting the Provincial Tel devices must return their device(s) within 45 days from the Account Cancellation date or Service Termination date to enable account closure and final billing, provided that items returned are undamaged and in original condition and that all documentation and packaging materials are returned in good order. Please note that if the devices are not returned within the 45 days time frame, the full hardware cost(s) will be charged on the account. It is understood that the Provincial Tel devices are subsidized by Provincial Tel and that the true cost of the Provincial Tel devices are $400.00 per two port analog unit. The Provincial Tel devices are for Provincial Tel’s customers and are sold at a subsidized rate per unit on Provincial Tel’s website located at www.provtel.com. In the case of damage to a rented Provincial Tel unit or non-payment of the Customer’s Provincial Tel account the full amount of $400.00 plus applicable taxes will be charged to the Customer’s account for the cost of the Provincial Tel subsidized hardware.
Provincial Tel will agree to transfer the number to another carrier of the Customer’s choice upon termination of Provincial Tel’s services, provided that both:
- The account has been properly and lawfully terminated, and;
- The Customer’s Provincial Tel account is completely current, given either of the following two cases:
- One Line with Provincial Tel. If we receive a request from your new service provider to terminate our service for a number, we will release the number shortly after notification to Provincial Tel by the relevant carrier (s), given that there are no reasons to reject. Once your service is terminated and the port is completed, you will remain responsible for all charges and fees through the end of that billing cycle, including any fees (for disconnection, non-returned equipment, special number porting out, promotions etc.). If a port is unsuccessful for any reason (stranded services, suspended or inactive account, etc.), your service and your agreement with us will not terminate, you will remain a Provincial Tel customer, and you will continue to be responsible for all charges and fees associated with your Provincial Tel service.
- More than One Line with Provincial Tel. If we receive a request from your new service provider to terminate our service for a number and you have multiple numbers assigned to your account and/or additional devices such as a Softphone on your account, you are required to inform us of your intent to terminate all the services on your account, prior to the successful completion of the requested port or we will select the most appropriate billing plan for any remaining numbers and/or devices on your Provincial Tel account, and you will continue to be responsible for all the charges and fees associated with the remaining services on your Provincial Tel account. Once the port of the requested number is completed, you will remain responsible for all charges and fees through the end of that billing cycle, including any disconnection fees applicable to the ported number.
Provincial Tel agrees to offer a 7-digit or 10-digit local number to customers who have subscribed to our Toll Saver Service. The Toll Saver Service provides customers the ability to make long distance calls without long distance charges using a local number within the Provincial Tel’s footprint. For a list of telephone exchanges Provincial Tel’s footprint covers, you can go to www.provtel.com/footprint. If a customer inadvertently dials a long distance number that incurs long distance charges while using the Toll Saver Service, they will be responsible for any and all additional charges and fees applied from their current long distance carrier.
1k) Long Distance Exclusivity:
It is understood that Provincial Tel will be the Customer’s exclusive long distance provider for the time that this agreement is in force. Provincial Tel has the authority to direct all of the Customer’s long distance calls through Provincial Tel’s lines.
1l) Regular Usage:
Provincial Tel Customers must note that the service and device provided are solely for regular residential or commercial use. The Customer shall not resell or transfer the service or the device to another party without prior written consent from Provincial Tel. The Customer is also prohibited from using the service or the device for the following:
- Data, fax, internet access, a call centre, call back, call sell (telemarketing), auto dialer, bulk faxing or debit card services;
- Illegal, fraudulent or improper purposes, criminal offences, intellectual property infringement, harassment (including annoying or offensive calls/transmissions); or
- Any purpose intended to cause interference with Prov Tel’s network operations or the Services, including the fair and proportionate use of the Services by others, as determined by Prov Tel, in its sole discretion, from time to time.
- Chat lines, multi-party lines, long-distance calls made using call forwarding and three-way calling features, multi-party conference calls, free conference calling services, or party lines; or
- Sustained and excessive use of the Service in a manner which is materially inconsistent with average residential usage patterns to make unlimited local calls directed to or within certain high cost of service areas, as determined and designated as such by Prov Tel, in its sole discretion, from time to time.
We reserve the right to immediately terminate or modify a Customer’s service if we determine that his or her use of the service or the device is, or at any time was, inconsistent with normal residential/commercial usage patterns. In addition, the Customer will be required to pay our rates for wholesale service for all periods in which his or her use of the service or the device was inconsistent with normal residential or commercial use.
1m) Proprietary Rights:
The Customer acknowledges and agrees that all content available on this website is protected by copyright, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by Provincial Tel Inc., the Customer agrees not to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit, or create derivative works from such materials or content. Notwithstanding the above, the Customer may print or download one copy of the materials or content on this website on any single computer for their personal, noncommercial use, provided the Customer keeps intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Systematic retrieval of data or other content from this website to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database or directory without written permission from Provincial Tel Inc. is prohibited. In addition, use of the content or materials for any purpose not expressly permitted in these Terms of Service is prohibited. As noted above, reproduction, copying, or redistribution for commercial purposes of any materials or design elements on this website is strictly prohibited without the express written permission of Provincial Tel Inc.