Keep My Number - A provtel added service
Once you have made the wise moved to Provincial Tel for your phone service, we can transfer your existing phone services on your behalf. The CRTC has mandated that customer’s may keep their current phone number when switching providers.
How Do I Cancel My Service?
You can keep your phone number…
- If you transfer services from:
- Landline to landline
- Landline to mobile
- Mobile to landline
- Mobile to mobile
- If your new service provider is doing the transfer and your existing services are still active.
You might need to get a new phone number…
- If you move to a different province or “local calling area”. If you’re unsure, please contact us before you cancel your service with your current provider.
- If you are transferring services from:
- Voice over IP (VoIP) to landline
- Landline to VoIP
You will definitely need to get a new phone number…
- If you have already cancelled your services without initiating a transfer with Provincial Tel.
TO DO: How long does it take to transfer my phone number?
For mobile phones, it can take a few hours. For landline to mobile or mobile to landline, it typically takes up to 2 business days. You might also experience a disruption in service while it’s being transferred, including disruptions to 9-1-1 services.